At this Holiday season I had a blog all written about how to beat the Holiday stress by getting a massage. Then I thought how can I help people not put such stress on themselves?
We have so much information coming at us constantly I decided to keep this very short and simple. Read thru the list and see if there might be an item (or more) that you could add to start your day in a refreshing way, during the Holidays and always. How you start can set the tone for the whole day and help you feel more calm and ready to tackle your day instead of frazzled.
Morning routine ideas:
1. Wake up 20-30 minutes early to fit in some “me time” with a good devotional, (and for me-a cup of coffee)!
2. Start your day with no news or internet for 30 minutes.
3. Write three things you are grateful for in a gratitude journal each morning. For a challenge try to write three different things each day, and by the end of one year you will have over 1000 things to be grateful for!
4. Drink some water to hydrate your cells and brain.
5. Visualize your day and how you would like it to go to start a positive intention for the day.
6. Listen to uplifting music as you get ready.
7. Stretch even if just for a minute.
8. Have a fruit & veggie packed smoothie (make ahead and have in freezer, takes just a couple minutes to microwave)!
9. Have your clothes picked out the night before, to make getting ready easier.
10. Put a list of these on your bedside table, with a pen, journal and water bottle.
My wish for you is a very Merry Christmas and happiness throughout the New Year.